Types of transportation in the Philippines
What can you expect when living in the Philippines or traveling around the country? For transportation, I would say it can vary from a convenient travel to the most uncomfortable ride you would experience in life. But either way you can count it as an adventurous part of your travel. Happy trip travelers!
1. Taxi or metered cars travels within the city only unless they are hired by passengers for tours and longer travel at a high price. Taxi charged P 40.00 and P 3.50 for the following meters. Watch out for non-metered taxi’s.
2. Jeepney is the main public transportation of the locals. The minimum fare is P 8.00 per 5 km and additional P 1.00 charge for another km.
3. Buses travels from city to neighboring cities. Some are aircon buses but most do not have ac. Buses that go on the highways have a little bit higher than jeepney. P10- P 25.00 fares.
4. Van – provides transportation on some areas within the city for example, Cebu has sm- lapulapu, ayala -lapu lapu city Basic fare is P 30.00
Manila has fx transport (a mini aircon van) that transport from cities to schools and malls.
Fares are less than P 20.00.
There are also vans that take passengers to provinces. It charge depending on the distance but there’s a fixed rate for each town.
Transportation within Provinces (Rural areas of the Philippines)
1. Pedicabs charge the same as the jeepney or higher. Pedicabs normally transport from one town to the next town. That cost P10.00 – P 20.00.
2. Buses- travel from provinces to cities and vice versa.
3. Motorbike ( habal-habal) are normally use as transport on mountainous areas and places without proper roads. They charge P 10.00 or higher depends on the distance.