Travelling to the Philippines Provinces
If you are going to the Philippines and want to experience where and how most of the people live you might want to consider going to a province area. Unlike the city, you will have less and less accommodations as you travel deeper into the province. The roads are narrow, the water is often from wells and the electricity (if there is any) is not as reliable as the city. But the people are usually more kind to strangers passing through and its also much cheaper than any Philippine city.
Here are a few things to prepare for philippines travel to province:
1. Tent (if you will stay outside)
2. Water, snacks and packed meals
3. Flashlights/ emergency lights
4. GPS phone and a map
6. Mosquito nets / lotion / suntan lotion
8. Small bills – province have less people and less trading so only a few could keep big amount of paper money. Vendors have less sales so they mostly don’t have change for big bills.
9. towels and extra t-shirts
10. Lists the things you need to bring before packing.
11. Double- check if you’ve bring everything you need before leaving.
12. Bring spare pants
Why go to the province?
Explorers, families and couples should go because it is so fun to go trekking in mountains, camp and cook food by fire. If your going into the bush, you will get to sleep in tents with no lights you will see the stars in a whole new way. The province represents a break from daily life and the crowded “rat race” you might have gotten tired of. Its not all about camping, you may find rooms for rent, apartments, homes or even small hotels.
What can they do there?
Before leaving, check the area you are heading to so you know what to expect at the destination. Unlike the city the further you venture into the province, the less guidance you available for knowing where to find resources and sites. Less people speak English, there are less road markers/signs and less area mapped out.
What time of year?
Check the weather forecast if it is during May-December. Best time of provinces travel is summer. (March – June). Avoid the rainy season (July – Sept).
Areas of the province to go hiking, trekking,climbing
1. Davao is one town in Mindanao but it’s not dangerous for tourists.
2. Cebu provinces
3.Luzon areas like Batangas, Laguna, Cavite and Quezon
Travel to the province can be a humbling experience. It will make you appreciate convenience and the small luxuries you have. But beyond that it can also be fun to live a simpler more peaceful life away from the noise and pollution of the city