Some countries allow tourist to get some of the money they spent on taxes while visiting. This adds some incentives for tourist to return. This is known as a Value added tax (VAT) Refund. If you travel to Thailand, you can get a VAT Refund. But there are few things you need to do.
1. When Shopping
- Show your passport when purchasing to get a VAT Refund for Tourist sticker or VAT receipt. (this was not listed of the flyer but I seen it on their website site.
- Shop at stores that have VAT REFUND for tourists signs.
- Minimum purchase at the same store per person should be 2,000 baht.
- Ask for P.P.10 Form and original tax invoices at the store on the day of purchase.
- Take your goods out of Thailand within 60 days of purchase via international airport.
2. Procedure at the Customs
- Present your purchases (P.P 10 Form, original tax invoices and purchased goods) at the Customs office before taking your luggage at the international airports of Thailand (Subarnabhumi, Don Mueang, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Hat Yai, U-Tapao, Krabi and Samui).
- Submit P.P.10 Form and all original tax invoices to claim your refund at VAT Refund for Tourist Offices after the passport control.
- Show your purchased Luxury goods like jewelry, ornaments, designer collection stuff pens etc with a value of 10,000 baht or more per item to the officer for reinspection at the VAT Refund for Tourist Office.
- If the amount exceeds 30,000 baht, the refund payment will be made by the form of draft or credit card account.
If you are in a hurry after all inspections have been made, you can drop the P.P.10 Form and original tax invoices into the box in front of the VAT Refund for Tourist office or mail them to the address below:
VAT Refund for Tourist Office
The Revenue Department of Thailand
90 Phaholyothin 7, Phayathai,
Bangkok 10400, Thailand
*Location of VAT Refund Office in Subarnabhumi is at the right side after ‘ Z’ check -in counter.
For inquiries, email address of VAT Refund for Tourist is: email@example.com
Note: For sim cards and internet browsing, You can buy a sim cards at 7 Eleven Stores and Family Mart. They also have those machines where you can purchase for internet.